Depending on where you come from, there are different prerequisites for relocating to Sweden. Your circumstances and motives for moving to Sweden will also play a role. You may obtain legal advice from our attorneys if you are seeking to immigrate to Sweden from Russia, regardless of whether you are relocating for employment, education, or even migrating with your family.
You are welcome to get in touch with the skilled lawyers located at our law firm in Sweden. You can discuss your relocation plan with them and their detailed legal assistance can help you to immigrate to Sweden from Russia without causing unnecessary delays.
Table of Contents
Types of visas in Sweden
You can immigrate to Sweden from Russia on different types of visas. If you need consultancy regarding which visa type will suit your purpose of relocation to Sweden, you can interact with our lawyers. Please find below a general guide to different types of Swedish visas:
- Education: Students who wish to immigrate to Sweden from Russia to enroll in any course at a university or educational institution for up to three months can apply for a study visa. Language classes are included in this. People who need to take an entrance exam in Sweden can also apply for this form of visa;
- Cultural, sports, and film crews: Russian citizens can acquire a visa if they wish to immigrate to Sweden from Russia as a performer or audience member for a cultural, religious, or sports event;
- Business: Individuals going to Sweden for business can apply for a Uniform Schengen Visa with a single, double, or multiple entries. This Sweden visa permits the bearer to stay in the country for up to 90 days in six months. It pertains to the ‘A’ and ‘C’ categories. Our Swedish lawyers can provide you with extensive information on the A and C visa categories if you are planning to immigrate to Sweden from Russia.
- Medical reason: A medical visa permits the holder to stay in Sweden for three months within 180 days and seek medical treatment;
- Paying visits to family and friends: If you have friends or family in Sweden, you can apply for a Schengen visa and include a letter of invitation to your application;
- Official visit: This is valid for anyone who moves to Sweden from Russia on official business alone or as part of a group with the same goal and travel dates.
Besides assistance in acquiring these visa types, you can also get in touch with our lawyers if you want to open a company in Sweden. Our lawyers in Sweden will provide you with detailed guidance regarding the procedure of setting up a company and the company’s obligations. This information will help you to comply with the country’s rules and regulations and you will be able to run your company without facing any issues.
Permanent residency in Sweden
If you are a European Union (EU) citizen, you have the right to live in the EU and do not require a residence permit. EU nationals should, however, continue to register with the Swedish Tax Agency. To live in Sweden, expats from non-EU/EEA countries must have a job. As previously stated, this necessitates getting a job and obtaining a work visa before you immigrate to Sweden from Russia. For acquiring permanent residency in Sweden, you are obliged to live here for at least five years. Even if a portion of that time was spent jobless, EU nationals will be given a residency after five years. Non-EU nationals will have to show that they worked for the entire five years (even if it was self-employment) and could support themselves and their families. The following conditions must be met by non-EU citizens:
- They had to have resided in Sweden for at least five years;
- They needed to hold a residency permit for 5 years;
- They had to be able to provide for themselves and their family.
Furthermore, you must have been given a residence visa to live and work in Sweden for an extended period. Besides providing you with legal assistance to help you immigrate to Sweden from Russia, you can also interact with our lawyers if you need accountant services in this country.
Our accountants in Sweden can also provide clients with additional financial support like full-service bookkeeping, accounting management, financial counseling, and payroll services. We also offer tax-related accounting services. Our accountants have a good knowledge of the numerous tax rules, which vary from year to year, in order to perform tax accounting.
Before you move to Sweden from Russia, please have a look at the gross domestic product (GDP) of Sweden:
- Sweden’s GDP for 2020 was $537.61B, about a 1.19% increase from 2019;
- The GDP of Sweden in 2019 was $531.28B, a 4.35% decline from 2018;
- In 2018, Sweden’s GDP was $555.46B, a 2.67% increase from 2017.
Contact our attorneys if you want to relocate to Sweden from Russia.
Our attorneys in Sweden can also assist you if you want a virtual office for your business in Sweden. They will help you choose an appropriate virtual office package that suits your business needs.